The rising popularity of mobile computing has resulted in a boom in iOS app development. There are several native technologies in the iOS ecosystem.
Here are some important ones for every developer's tool kit:
- Objective-C is the main programming language Apple utilizes for the iOS.
- Swift is the programming language designed for the Apple API programming frameworks, Cocoa and Cocoa Touch.
- UIKit is the main development framework for iOS apps. All core components needed by an app are defined by it.
- Internationalization and Localization is a process where the app gets translated to different languages. The first step, internationalization, is a preparation stage that makes the app capable of adapting to any language. Localization is making the translation process.
- Auto Layout allows the developer to optimize complicated GUIs easily.
- Storyboard aids developers in visually representing what their app will look like and how it will flow from one screen to the next.
- Multi-touch Gestures enable the development of touch screen gestures into an app through Gesture Recognizers. These may be already widely recognized gestures or novel ones made specifically for the app.
- Multithreading is a way for developers to design execution paths for the app and greatly enhance its speed and efficiency.